rss | info | contact | podcast | tv


web {firebreather}

27.1.07

Interview with V. Vale of RE/Search

Here is the audio version of the interview I conducted with V. Vale, the transcript of which can be found here.

Subjects discussed are mostly in the realm of early industrial and punk, but waver into the larger categories of general rebellion, creativity, and surrealism.

Vale is one of my all time heroes, and it has been a source of ongoing pleasure and inspiration knowing him. I worked for RE/Search in the summer of 2005. I got the job by simply calling them up and offering my services.

They run the whole business out of Vale's apartment on Romolo, across the street from Ferlinghetti's City Lights Bookstore where Vale was once employed. I hope nothing more than for people like myself to find inspiration and have their "normal" lives ruined by books such as: Pranks, Industrial Culture Handbook, Atrocity Exhibition, Incredibly Strange Films, and most recently Pranks #2 which I transcribed a couple of the interviews for.




RE/Search Website which I did my best to try and retool.

No comments: