rss | info | contact | podcast | tv


web {firebreather}

24.5.07

Burning Down

I'll be the first to admit it: I have lost some of that fire. I used to want to burn down the world. The result is wasted days that run into wasted nights. Weeks and months with nothing to say except that they say nothing. Missed opportunities for "new." Unstated experiments and unfinished projects. Laziness? What cause this. Responsibility? Why have I settled for letting the world happen when I used to want to fight it kicking and screaming? Relationships? Friends? Money? My parents might say maturity. I might saw cowardice. It's easy to sit under a tree in college and dream of changing the world. It's another thing entirely to try and shake the same Earth you are just trying to keep your balance on. How do we fight this watering down of our creativity? I know what could happen, but faced with a whole day, we stay indoors. We Google for hours, reading all about what everybody else has done today. If you're reading this right now, then you must be afflicted with the same disease I describe. Part of my answer to these self-inflicted questions must be to reject human limitations. Fail until you die, but don't fail from not trying. Try and fail. Over and over again. The fire burns on trial and error.

No comments: