rss | info | contact | podcast | tv


web {firebreather}

6.4.07

Late NIght Quotations No.9

In honor of the punk I have been steadily re-ingesting in the last few days (Sid and Nancy, the Great Rock n' Roll Swindle, and Repo Man, not to mention various old records) I've got a line up of punk related quotes tonight.

"You've taken my thinking, my means of survival. You thrust in my hand your gun and your Bible. You told me to kill for the Lord up above. You taught me to hate when I know there is LOVE."

- Crass


"Having been there in the 70's in L.A. isn't it amazing that the only ones that mattered are all dead- everyone else is in an imitatative state of a dying animal."

- Darby Crash 1980


"Maybe I'm a prehistoric monster by being an individual. It's highly likely. All I offer to others is their own individuality. Grab it!"

- John Lydon


"I think punk rock, especially for me, was a big middle finger to this whole talent thing."

- Mike Watt

No comments: